Tuesday, July 28, 2009

re-entry

So now I'm back in Goshen and working at re-entry. I was ready to return and the 30 plus hours in transit helped increase my relief at seeing my house. The laundry is done, the mail is all opened, tomorrow I deal with the few bills that need paying and other such fun. Two months, of course, flew by, even though I was ready to return by the end. Returning home is often an unpredictable experience for me. at times I'm resentful of home, and want to return from where I came. sometimes it is an intense relief and reunion. this time, it was almost nonchalant. a kind of, heh, home, this is normal. 

Right now, I don't miss things about Ecuador, or Paraguay. I'm guessing that stage will come. Probably once I get around to organizing photos. And maybe once I'm feeling overwhelmed by work I'll be ready to be free and traveling again. All in all, it was a wonderful summer. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to do this, and I'm already making plans for future summers and ways to return to South or Central America again, maybe to Colombia next time. I am hopeful that I will keep working at learning Spanish but I also recognize what a challenge it is to keep at it, especially with what will surely be a crazy schedule for me this coming year. 

Thanks for reading along with me, whatever amount you did, and this will be the official end to this blog, at least for now. Perhaps I'll pick it up again when I am 'viajera-ing' (as Jana puts it) once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment